The summer is coming and many of you want to sport a new beach bod. Well, no worries because we are here to help get you started with this effective Summer “beach body” workout. This is a warm-up workout you can do from anywhere to help get your muscles conditioned and increase your cardio for more serious training. Best of all, it only takes TEN minutes!
Do the workout as follows:
(Always starting with the largest muscle groups and working your way down)
- 1 minute light jog on the spot for warmup
- Heels to toes, 20 reps (calves)
- 20 Squats
- Supermans with forward reaches
- 10 Pushups, move to Close Grip for another 10 or until failure (keep your elbows tucked)
- Dumbell or res band curls, 15-20 reps
- Mountain climbers, until failure
- Bicycle oblique crunches, until failure
- Reverse plank, until failure
- Plank (standard), until failure
Always remember to stretch properly. Hold each stretch 20-30 seconds.
Do this 4 times a week for 2 weeks and then it’s time to kick it into high gear. Try doing variations of exercises for the same muscle groups. For instance, you can do different stances with your squats or a variety of planks and holds. One of the best ways to stick to a fitness routine is to make the workouts challenging and fun.
To give your metabolism a boost:
- Drink 2.5-3 liters of water per day.
- Reduce simple carbohydrates and get in more healthy fats and high quality proteins.
- Eat small meals frequently. A great way to reduce weight is to eat meals packed with healthy fats, proteins and minimal carbohydrates about every 3 or 4 hours. That’s about on average how long it takes to digest most foods.
- Increase fibre. This will also help reduce cravings. Try eating greens with every meal.
- Increase complex carbs (veggies, starches). Remember to stay away from simple carbs (processed sugar, sweets).
- Get in at least 30 minutes a day of moderate activity. Workout all year round! Yes this is a Summer workout but fitness is a lifestyle, not a phase!
- In the beginning stay away from intense cardio exercise. Building muscle should be your priority to help boost your metabolism. Cardio can actually have a negative effect on your metabolism. It can lead to yo-yo weight loss with wild fluctuations which is not an effective long-term solution.
Join the Busy Bee Fitness Experts community! Like us on Facebook for free fitness and nutrition tips. We’ll be on standby when you’re ready.
Take us back to the previous post from the beginning.