Are you trying to incorporate a fitness plan based on your busy schedule? We know that you’re busy and don’t always have time for the gym. It’s hard staying disciplined to any sort of exercise routine when you’ve had a hard day at work or you have children. This is why conditioning your body with an effective at home workout is a great place to start.
Old school is still cool! This muscle building cardio workout targets all the major muscle groups with some basic and fundamental compound bodyweight exercises. Best of all, it can be done in the comfort of your own home in only 10 minutes! If it’s too light for you then go for a second round. Try starting with 15-20 repetitions per exercise.
- Skip rope for 3 minutes. Use a real or imaginary skip rope, both are fine! This is a great exercise to warm up with and will improve your coordination and work your calves in the process!
- Regular or jump squat- The squat is one of the most effective exercises for targeting your largest muscle group. This great compound movement burns more calories than almost any other exercise. This will help give your body a muscle building metabolism boost and help you shed and keep the weight off. Start with a basic squat and if you feel you can take it up a notch then move to the jump squat to add some extra cardio and power.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. You can place your hands behind your head.
- Begin the movement by flexing your knees and hips, sitting back with your hips.
- Continue down to full depth if you are able and quickly reverse the motion until you return to the starting position.
- Pushups- Great exercise to work overall chest, triceps, anterior deltoids and core.
- Your hands should be a little wider than shoulder width apart and your feet should be about hip width.
- Switch to your knees if it gets too difficult from your toes
- Narrow the distance between your hands to place more focus on your triceps
4. Supermans Supermans primarily focus on the muscles in your lower back and a secondary emphasis on your glutes and lats.
- Simultaneously raise your arms, legs, and chest off of the floor and hold this contraction for 2 seconds.
Squeeze your lower back to get the best results from this exercise. Slowly begin to lower your arms, legs and chest back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Mountain climbers, until failure A great way to get in some cardio and effectively work your core at the same time.
- Plank (from elbows) until failure A primary core exercise that builds isometric strength and will help improve your posture over time. Also works your glutes, hamstrings, shoulders, and arms.
- In a prone position, with back and neck in proper alignment, place the elbows at a 90-degree angle along the torso.
- Suck in your stomach and extend your forearms to intensify the exercise.
- Maintain posture and alignment while holding body weight with elbows and toes.
Read about how to build up your abs from home. Hope you enjoyed your at-home workout. Don’t forget to stretch!